CREATE AWARENESS, LOBBY GOVERNMENT & RAISE PROFILE
Public Affairs/Strategic Communication/Media Management /Crisis Communication/Internal communication
Situation – NGO – Global Rainbow Foundation
GRF’s aim is to the promotion of the empowerment of people with handicaps. GRF started its actions with various projects, including a high-cost Jaipur Foot limb replacement camp prior to its CSR accreditation, and therefore access to CSR company funding. GRF needed a raise profile to gain access “out of CSR” funds, mainly from the EU. GRF aimed at changing the laws around employability of people with handicaps, and a compete national review of the ecosystem
Maluti’s Consulting role
- Stakeholder mapping and analysis of perception.
- Media relation strategy and implementation of strategy.
- Press (local, regional and Indian) visit to cover GRF various actions, including limb replacement camps.
- Stakeholder education and engagement programme.
- Coordination of events with high-profile ambassadors, including at Unesco in Paris.
- Lobbied the government for changes in the law.
- In a very short period, GRF has become an accepted reference for anything that is linked to disability in Mauritius and the region, by both media and authorities.
- Laws have been reviewed through the prompting of GRF and Unesco pressure, including the one on employment of people with handicap.
- High-profile media coverage, includign editorial coverage in India.
- The various projects received sufficient funds (even prior to CSR funding).
- A very large percentage of the handicapped population in Mauritius and regionally is now connected, in one way or another, to GRF.