GREEN ENERGY – AWARENESS TO COMPEL ADOPTION OF ARUNDO
Public Affairs/Strategic Communication/Media Management /Crisis Communication
Situation – Introduction of Arundo Donax green energy in targeted countries.
The company Equilibre wanted to introduce a new green energy production for Mauritius, based on the “Arundo Donax” plant. Mauritius would be used as a test-ground for the introduction of Arundo Donax green energy in targeted sub-saharian African countries.
Maluti’s Consulting role
- Introduce and explain the Arundo project to the Mauritian decision-makers.
- information dissemination and strategic communications with regards to Mauritian consumers and green pressure groups.
- Rally small planters who had abandoned their cane culture around this project, as local production of Arundo Donax is essential.
- Reputation building of the promoter of the project.
- Educate relevant stakeholders, including the local and regional media.
- Crisis communication preparedness and management on all issues that could negatively impact the project
- The authorities recognized Arundo Donax as a potential energy solution and national subsides have already been granted.
- 2 cooperatives of small farmers have already rallied around the project and are returning to their land.
- Some large sugar groups have started collaborating with Equilibre.
- International investors for the project.